Sunday, January 16, 2011

Do the hustle, the shuffle, the box step....

Whatever you want to call it, I have been reorganizing! Sometimes it feels like I move a pile of boxes from one end of the room to the other, then back again, and today that's pretty much all I did!
Eddie, covering his ears while Dad loudly assembles the shelves.

After Mr. Ireland finished the second set of storage shelves in the basement (pictured above), I offered to absorb his misplaced plastic shelves and give them a home in my sewing room. Of the three sets of shelves that were holding his tools, I chose the tallest. The other 2 will find homes in my laundry area in the basement. My sewing room is far from perfect, and has been shuffled 3 times now in the 6 months we have lived here! The "after" picture will be posted in a few days but, here is are a couple "before" pictures for your evaluation...

Two views of my sewing room from the doorway...


I am very proud of the progress in the living room! I set out to clear the homeschool area and at least get important materials for the remainder of the year onto a bookshelf. Up until now (yes, I know it is the end of the first semester), I have been digging through boxes for teachers manuals and text books for the boys, yelling and working myself up when I can't find what I know we need. This will really help with both my irritation and school for the year. And now that the walls are not blocked by boxes, I can hang a white board and move our table up! Yay me!

Before; After. Anyone want a TV?

Tomorrow, the boys and I will go shopping for supplies to finish my office, the nursery and if we have time, dye our curtains for the dining room that I found at a thrift shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment